Whether you’re going for a beach or hiking day, it’s good for you to bring your own snacks. In this article we’re going to tell why and provide with ideas for the snacks of your next adventure.
Preparing and packing your own snacks may help you to save money and to keep up with your diet or your lifestyle. Remember that traveling requires a lot of planning for all to go the best way possible. Check out these tips to take care of your health on your next trip.
Let’s go with ideas for your next adventure!
1. Veggies and Fruits
You can take them chopped in cups or as smoothies:
- Cauliflower florets
- Broccoli florets
- Baby carrots
- Snap peas
- Celery sticks
2. Lemon Basil Hummus
- 2 15.5 oz cans chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained, juice reserved
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
3. Cheese Popcorn
- 1 full-size bag microwave popcorn (alternatively, you can use 1/2 cup of whole kernels on the stove to make your popcorn)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
4. Oven-Dried Sweet Potato Chips
- Two large sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper
5. Vegan Wraps
- 1 flour tortilla
- 3 tablespoons of hummus
- 1/4 avocado (sliced thin)
- 1/3 cup alfalfa sprouts (or a few leaves of green lettuce or both)
- 2 to 4 tomato slices
- Cucumber slices
What’s your favorite travel snack? Let us know!