Marrakech, best known as “red city” because of the color of its buildings made of adobe and local earth, is one of the so-called Moroccan imperial cities, next to Rabat, Fez and Mekinez. We present you what you can’t miss out while visiting Marrakech.
1. Visit a hammam or traditional Turkish bath such as the Hammam Dar el-Bacha or the Hammam Bab Doukkala.
2. Visit the red walls of the Medina.
3. Walk around the courtyards and gardens of the Bahia Palace.
4. Take a trip to the desert of Merzouga. You have to visit the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou and the Gorges of Dades and Todra.
5. Get to know the Koutoubia Mosque, the most important in Marrakech. You can recognize it when you see its impressive minaret.
6. Walk the Jemaa Square el Fna day and night.
7. Visit the ruins of El Badi Palace.
8. Try a delicious and traditional couscous.
9. Look for the traditional tanneries.
10. Explore and bargain in traditional souks or Arab markets.